I was nominated by fellow writer Maria Grace for the One Lovely Blog Award. I appreciate the recognition for my site and what I try to accomplish.
The award recognizes newer or up-and-coming bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a “lovely” manner, giving them recognition and helping them reach more viewers.
In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines. These guidelines are listed below.
The Rules for accepting the Award(s):
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Seven things about myself…
1. I learned to ride horses when I was five years old. I rode steadily throughout my childhood and showed someone else’s horses while I attended university. I rode Western and English. I will post a video sometime on a Throwback Thursday.
2. My mother started me playing piano around the same age as horses because I wouldn’t stop banging on her Steinway. Then she sold the Steinway! I still took piano until I graduated high school. I’m a lot like Elizabeth Bennet in that I would play better if I practiced more. My piano teacher constantly bemoaned that fact!
3. I also play the flute, which I even studied some while at University. My problem with music is I became burnt out performing in school, so I like to play, but hate to perform in front of others.
4. I have two university degrees– my first is in Biology and my second is in Studio Art.
5. I am part of a not-so-secret society of JAFF fans called the “Chat Chits.” These women are the ultimate support group, especially when it comes to writing!
6. I have lived in six states and one foreign country. States include: Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, California, New Mexico, and Nebraska. I recently moved to England, which is my only foreign country.
7. I first began writing JAFF because no one would take the plot bunny I was attempting to give away. I never even told anyone what it was! I will say that neither Rain and Retribution or A Matter of Chance are that plot bunny!
Okay, 15 other bloggers! Hmmmmm….. I know Maria already nominated Tamara, but I love her blog and she was the first to review R&R, so she gets another nomination. Sarah Johnson, Suzan Lauder, Pamela Lynne, Rose Fairbanks, Eileen Brown, Sophie Andrews, Zoe Burton, and I can’t think of any more! If you have a new blog, consider yourself tagged!