The answers for Part 1 are up at Austen Variations, so don’t forget to check yourself there too!
Ready? Let’s see how you did!
- What movie and what was the house’s name in that adaptation?
Norland Park, Sense and Sensibility (with Emma Thompson)
2. This could be in more than one adaptation, so tell me the book and the location.
The Cobb, Lyme Regis (These steps are called “Granny’s teeth.”
3. This one is easy peasy! What’s the name of the fictional house and which adaptation?
Pemberley, Pride and Prejudice 2005 (Otherwise known as Chatsworth)
4. Hint: If you name the book/movie, you name the place!
5. Whose house is this and what movie?
Mr. Knightley, Emma (Gwyneth Paltrow version)
6. Where was this folly and what important scene happened here?
The folly was at Rosings in the 2005 P&P, Darcy’s failed proposal took place here.
(The folly is at Stourhead in Wiltshire in real life 🙂 )
7. This room has been in two of Jane Austen’s books as well as the movies. Which ones?
The Pump Room in Bath are in both Persuasion and Northanger Abbey
8. What fictional house is this and who walked there?
Pemberley (P&P 1995), Darcy and Elizabeth
9. Which heroine grew up in this house? What is its name?
Elizabeth Bennet, Longbourn (1995 P&P)
and the last one!!!
10. Which great fictional house is this and what movie does it come from?
This was Rosings Park in the 1995 P&P
So, how did you do?
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Irland_2010.08.18_026.jpg by Ingo Mehling
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ClaydonHouseSWAnsicht.jpg by mym
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pump_Room_Bath_02.jpg Immanuel Giel